Crawford Likely Not Ready For Start Of Regular Season


"I wouldn't be surprised if Carl's a few weeks into the season before he's really ready to go,'' Valentine said. "I wouldn't be surprised, nor disappointed if that's what nature dictates as the healing process."

"When he's ready and he's healed, he is going to be a welcome addition to our team, whenever that is," Valentine later added. "The more I've looked at Carl on film and tried to evaluate the whole thing, he's really special and we really need him. If it's later, then that's when it will be (WEEI)."

I am really hoping Crawford has a comeback year. Am I skeptical? Yea, of course, but he has to be better then he was last year. From what I have heard Crawford is able to do "baseball activities" whatever that is, but still can't swing a bat year. The best estimate I have heard is that Crawford will be ready to go by the end of April. In the grand scheme of things that's really not a big deal, but if that wrist is a problem at all after that it could be a long year for Crawford.

In other Red Sox news, ESPN put out an article that Valentine's spring training schedule has caused "frowns" in the Red Sox clubhouse, because there is a lot more going on and a lot more games. Whatever, these stories are silly, and is just out there for everyone to jump on his bandwagon, which I am fine with because I like Valentine. I hope it's true and he is kicking a little ass, because they deserve it.