So What Are The Colts Going To Do?



So now that the Colts won the Andrew Luck (or who I think should be Robert Griffin III) sweepstakes, it makes a decision on what to do with Peyton Manning an extremely uncomfortable situation.

I'm going to just assume that Peyton Manning is going to be healthy next year, but if he's not, this all goes to shit.

If I were the Colts, I would seriously consider keeping Manning and trading the Luck pick. I heard that pick to be worth 4 1st and 2 2nds, so if that were the case I would do that in a second. Manning is 35 years old and I honestly believe he would be good for another 3 years, let's not forget that the year before last he threw for 4,700 yards and 33 TDs. Sure it could be a downward trend next year, but Mannings production is going to be better than Luck's most likely. And if they are worried about a QB they could always draft a RGIII, Landry Jones or Ryan Tannehill and have him sit under Manning because all of those guys need seasoning.

Peyton Manning gives your team the best chance to win for now and near future. Yes, Luck could be the guy, but I trust Manning a lot more.

The other option is that the Colts release him, there is no way that the Colts are going to trade him. If they opt to go with Luck the organization would find a way to come to a conclusion with a buy out and then Manning could choose where he wants to go. And If I were Manning, I would go to San Francisco immediately.

These are the only 2 options I see, as I don't think they can co-exist together.

The wildcard that mucks up this equation is the firing of Bill Polian. Before he got fired I would say that Manning would be 100% back, now I believe it's around 65%.